Tuesday, August 2, 2016

7/2/2016

There's really nothing major to report, but perhaps an update is in order before the next appointment with Dr. Hashmi on August 10.

After 2 MRIs, a CT scan, and x-rays, nothing anomalous showed up with the hip and femur.  That's a relief in that nothing has deteriorated in the five plus years since the surgery and implant.  The lack of results, of course, doesn't explain why my leg seized up so painfully, but it's much better now with generally good mobility.

My appetite is much improved.  We're going to continue with a rather aggressive regiment of appetite-enhancers and anti-nausea medicine until the 10th and then decide whether we can cut back while preserving the gains. 

There was a slight setback over the weekend when I developed a sore throat and cough that interfered with sleeping through the night.  Since I already have frequent fatigue and crash at least twice a day, further exhaustion wasn't exactly welcome.  After some OTC treatments, my throat and cough feel better this morning. 

And so that's how it's been going during this very hot Kansas summer.  Donald has, of course, provided a lot of fear and loathing. 

1 comment:

  1. Howard! Glad you are holding you own. That is good news. am suffering with my feet due to diabetic nerve pain. I have ordered shoes designed for diabetics. Always something. lol

    ReplyDelete